And double hurray for a long weekend filled with wonderful eats!
- Red Mango
- Union Square farmers market for apple cider donuts and hot cross buns
- Coldstone – cake batter ice cream and oreos, though I (re)discovered that I don’t particularly like Coldstone ice cream. It’s a little bit too sweet for me (I know – I never knew that I could characterize anything as being “too sweet for me.”)
- Then Chinatown for some pork…
- And finally across the Brooklyn bridge to get to Almondine. Too bad they were out of their French baguettes – I love those baguettes. Instead, we tried their Almondine baguette, which is a blend of whole wheat and white flour. Still quite good – Almondine just makes good bread. Period. We also got this gimongous meringue. It was nearly as big as my head.
- Union Square farmers market again – I wish veggies would come back. All we picked up this time were apples.
- Multiple stops at Banana Republic, but never ended up getting anything
- 16 Handles for more frozen yogurt. Self-serve frozen yogurt is the best idea ever. Red velvet, cheesecake, peanut butter, coffee, original tart, eurotart…all topped with some mochi bits, cheesecake bits, and cookie dough pieces. Yum?
- Then onwards to Soho (Sephora and another Banana Republic) and Whole Foods.
- …and back to the apartment.
Lastly, a few pictures from last Sunday: