…but they allow me to drive to Whole Foods, where I picked up:
- Five pounds of navel oranges (Yum!)
- TURKISH APRICOT (I filled an entire medium-sized plastic tub this time. These things are so delicious – so sweet, tender, flavorful.)
- Quart of milk
- Yves Good Dogs (Yeah, they’re not hot dogs. If I wanted hot dogs, I would just buy real hot dogs. But – call me strange – I like these non-hot dog hot dogs.)
- Carrots (I miss having barrels of carrots to pick from at the farmer’s markets during the summer.
And then down the road to Trader Joes, where these goodies were found:
- Four pounds of broccoli
- One bag of frozen edamame
- Four apples
- Peanut butter filled pretzels
- LOTS of cottage cheese
- And this baby:
Cooked up broccoli for dinner – garlic and soy sauce really do make an amazing duo. Threw a sliced veggie dog right into the mix. I was a little dubious of what the result might taste like, but it was quite tasty.
As for the peanut butter pretzels, they’re good, but not earth shattering. I would like a heartier pretzel. What can I say? I love my pretzels (read: carbs).
Also, the day was quite sunny! I can feel spring coming…I can just feel it. Hurry up spring!